Real Estate Brokers Online Review
» Real Estate Exam Online Review Classes - click here for details...
» Real Estate Exam Online Review Members' Area - click here to LOGIN

PRC Guidelines on Renewal License of Broker

If you’re a real estate broker looking for the PRC guidelines for the renewal of your broker’s license, you can get some ideas on the consultative draft of the Implementing Rules and Regulations (IRR) of the RESA Law (RA 9646)…

Specifically, please check Section 20: Registration Without Examination.

If your goal is to get a license under the PRC, you will need to show proof that you have taken 12 or 15 units (Continuing Professional Education). The CPE units must be deemed relevant by the PRBRES for these to count.

Please get things filed and completed before July 2011.

RESAR Online Review for Real Estate Brokers

20 Responses to “PRC Guidelines on Renewal License of Broker”

  1. on 06 Mar 2012 at 11:16 am rodel

    Hi, My Boss is a real estate broker with license certificate issued by DTI and was expires December 2010 and i was not able to renew it for 2011. is it possible for my boss to renew his license at PRC or DTI.Thanks.

    [From the Admin] Hello! The deadline for “registration without examination” has passed. Please contact the PRC directly to discuss the situation of your boss.

    Thank you.

  2. on 11 Nov 2011 at 5:23 pm Belinda


    i need to renew my dti license wc expired 2008. the transfer fr dti to prc was the buzz around then so i opted to wait and register with prc rather than renew license with dti. i have just attended cep last year but wasn’t able to register with prc last july for personal reasons. is it still possible for me to register now? i also know a lot of colleagues who weren’t able to do so. many thanks.



    [From the Admin] Hi! The deadline for PRC registration without examination passed in July 2011. We don’t know, however, what the PRC will do with the many DTI-licensed brokers who did not beat the deadline.
  3. on 12 Oct 2011 at 1:28 pm evangeline enriquez

    i would like to know the requirement needed on PRC real estate licensure

    [From the Admin] Hi! You’ll find the info here:


  4. on 02 Sep 2011 at 12:43 pm chris of paranaque

    Just heard of prc requirement re: RE brokers license registration when i came back from abroad last june. My DTI issued license will expire december of this year. Can I still register with PRC? Thanks.

    [From the Admin] Sorry… the deadline for Registration with the PRC without examination has passed (July 30, 2011).

    But we’re waiting for additional developments since we doubt if all the estimated 30,000 DTI-licensed real estate brokers were able to register with the PRC before July 30, 2011.


  5. on 23 Mar 2011 at 7:31 pm Ma.Lourdes V. Rivero

    Hi! I took the real estate seminar with San Juan Mandaluyong Realtor’s Board and subsequently took the licensure exam.I passed the said exam in 1996.I would like to know how I can renew my license as broker realtor.

  6. on 09 Mar 2011 at 10:41 pm Pam

    Hi! I took the May 2009 exam and got my real estate license from DTI last July 15, 2009. The license will expire on December 31, 2011.

    I have completed a 24-lecture hour CRES from March 21 to April 25, 2009. The Certificate indicated that is it valid for two (2) successive examinations from date indicated.

    Can you help me confirm the following?

    1. Do I need to get a PRC license, a DTI license, or both?

    2. What are the requirements for renewal and how do I got about it?

    3. When is the deadline for renewal?

    Would greatly appreciate your reply. Hope you can e-mail me back at the address specified.


    [From the Admin] Hi! You need to be registered with the PRC.

    You will also need to earn 15 CPE (not CRES) units.

    You have until July 30, 2011 to get registered with the PRC (without having to take the REB Exam again).

    For details, please see


  7. on 07 Mar 2011 at 9:13 am romie

    I passed and got my real estate broker license last January 2003 and had it renewed for I think twice thereafter. I have courses in real estate taken outside the Philippines.
    1. can I still apply for a license renewal – I am ok to attend seminars again for CPE units crediting
    2. can I have my outside the Philippines real estate courses be credited as CPE units too

    [From the Admin] Yes, you can apply for registration with the PRC without having to re-take the REB examination. When was the last time you renewed your license?

    About your outside RE courses… it would be better if you would get in touch with the PRC / PRBRES to see if they will credit your courses as CPE units.


  8. on 10 Feb 2011 at 9:29 am norman


    i passed the REB exam last may 2009 as Broker and already secured my license at DTI befor july 31, 2009 and it will be expired on dec. july 2011.. what do i need to register in PRC because im just a bit confused about the resa law under section 20 because it tells that all active license brokers needed a 15unit CPE where in those who passed the exam last may 2009 and failed to secure their license before july 31 needed only a 12units CPE.

    I want to know what will be the requirement i need to secure my license in PRC..

    thank you very much,

    [From the Admin] Hello! You need 15 CPE credit units. Thanks!
  9. on 18 Dec 2010 at 5:35 pm Shalimar L Barzaga

    Good day. My REB license is expiring 31 Dec 2010. Please advise where and when can I earn the needed CPE credits for my REB license renewal please?

    Thank you for your kind assistance.

    SL Barzaga
    Dasmarinas City, Cavite
    REB Lic# CAV-0208-08(N)

    [From the Admin] Cesar Santos conducts CPE Seminars in Makati (24 CPE credit units, P3500, 3-day CPE seminar).

    For more info, please join the Real Estate CPE Announcement List over at:


  10. on 07 Dec 2010 at 1:50 pm Willeus Acuna

    My broker’s license is about to expire effective December 31, 2010. Based on what I read, I would be considered an active licensee who must secure or earn fifteen (15) CPE credit units to renew, right?

    Is your company a PRC-accredited review service provider? If not, do you know where I can find a list of such providers?

    [From the Admin] Yes, you need to earn CPE credit units. Cesar Santos will conduct a CPE Seminar from December 17 to 19, 2010.

    For details, please visit


  11. on 29 Oct 2010 at 10:07 pm Alicia Entredicho Magcawas

    My license expired for quite a long time. How can I renew my license. I far as i can remember my license number is 01092

    [From the Admin] Hello! You may have to earn 24 CPE credit units.

    For reference, please see:


  12. on 20 Oct 2010 at 12:21 pm reg

    tanong ko lang po. na under probation po ako noong 1989 for drug use. na case closed na po kasi maganda ang probation result ko. pwede po ba ako makakuha ng real estate broker’s license ko ? kunyari pumasa po ako dun sa real estate board exam. thanks

    [From the Admin] Mukhang higit na mainam kung puntahan po ninyo ang PRC, at makipag-ugnayan sa kanila, nang hindi masayang po ang oras ninyo sa pagkuha ng real estate brokers exam.

    Mas maganda kung makakuha po kayo ng certification mula sa PRC na pinahihintulutan po kayong mag-exam, sa kabila ng kaso po ninyo nuon.

  13. on 25 Sep 2010 at 10:53 pm Hya Catuday

    My PRC ID expired last January 25, 2009 almost 1 year and 8 months from now. I want to renew my PRC ID now. My question is, Can I still renew it now and how much it will cost?

    [From the Admin] Yes, you may still renew your PRC ID. We suggest you visit the PRC to get the latest info on the cost of ID renewal. Thanks!

  14. on 05 Jul 2010 at 10:10 am Rene

    My license expired 2008.
    I applied for registration/renewal with local PRC, in accordance
    with PRC and DTI Joint Announcement ( 01/14/10).
    ” We have yet to receive the go-signal”
    ” Just call us regularly to check”
    this is their reply.

    [From the Admin] Thank you for sharing your experience. The PRC has not yet released their final IRR for the RESA Law. We’re monitoring this, and will post updates as soon as we get more info. Thanks again.

  15. on 27 Jun 2010 at 9:35 pm jocelyn

    My real estate broker’s license was last renewed Year 2000, but I am gainfully employed from that year onwards doing jobs related to real estate (e.g. loans origination, marketing, loan restructuring and sale of foreclosed assets). I hope those drafting the IRR of RA9646 will consider exposure on real estate as certified by employers or Real estate organization as enough proof together with some CPE (16 or 24) units as enough requirement so that we can renew our license rather than going through with the process again of taking review classes and eventually taking the examination

    [From the Admin] We don’t speak for the PRC, but perhaps you can get them to consider your case based on Section 20 (Registration Without Examination) of their draft IRR of the RESA Law, specifically subsection 1(b), which covers: “Those who failed to renew as of 31 July 2009 but have secured or earned twenty-four (24) CPE credit units;”

  16. on 19 Jun 2010 at 3:13 pm lita

    I want to renew my real estate broker’s license, my license expired last dec 31, 2004.


    [From the Admin] From the current version of the PRC’s RESA Law IRR, you will need to take the real estate brokers’ licensure exam again. Still, you can try appealing based on Section 20, subsection 1(b) of the draft IRR.

  17. on 15 Jun 2010 at 7:25 am Angie of Quezon City

    I passed the broker’s licensure exam last 2005 and was able to secure license from HLURB. My license expired on Dec. 2007. I recently took the 24 units CPE last June 5 & 6, 2010. Will I still be qualified to secure PRC license even if my expired permit was given by HLURB and not DTI? Thanks.

    [From the Admin] Yes, you will still be required to get a PRC license. The question is, will you still be required to take the licensure examination? The RESA Law IRR (please see Section 20: Registration Without Examination) covers licensed brokers for the years 2008 and 2009, but remains silent regarding the brokers in 2007 or earlier.

  18. on 13 Jun 2010 at 12:29 am john

    I passed the real estate brokers exam given on nov 2006 by the dti. based on the drafted irr, i could’nt qualify to obtain a prc license just by taking cpes and without having to take the exam again. is that right?

    [From the Admin] From the way things currently look, you might have to take the PRC licensure exam for real estate brokers.

  19. on 12 Jun 2010 at 4:59 pm VINCE LUBRIN

    If your goal is to get a license under the PRC, you will need to show proof that you have taken 12 or 15 units (Continuing Professional Education). The CPE units must be deemed relevant by the PRBRES for these to count.

    where can i get a 15units CPE.. is that a subject just like a college subjects?… when wil be the next exam?..what

    [From Admin] The next exam is slated for Dec 5/6, 2010. We’re waiting for CPE providers to announce when they will offer their CPE courses again. We estimate that they will offer CPE’s starting January 2011.

  20. on 08 Jun 2010 at 12:49 am eric of Davao Real Estate

    I passed the last real estate broker exam dated may 2009. How can i get my license?


    [From the Admin] It is still just a consultative draft, but please see Section 20, subsection 1(c):

Trackback URI | Comments RSS

Leave a Reply