Real Estate Brokers Online Review
» Real Estate Exam Online Review Classes - click here for details...
» Real Estate Exam Online Review Members' Area - click here to LOGIN

PRC Licensure Exam Requirements

Here are the requirements for the PRC Licensure Exam (real estate brokers). This is based on Section 14 of the RESA Law IRR (RA 9646)…

People who are interested in preparing for the Real Estate Brokers’ Licensure Examinations will need to qualify first, by complying with the following requirements:

SEC. 14. Qualification of Applicants for Examinations. In order to be admitted to the licensure examination for real estate service, a candidate at the time of filing his/her application, shall establish to the satisfaction of the Board that he/she possesses the following qualifications:

(a) A citizen of the Philippines;

(b) A holder of a relevant bachelor’s degree from a state university or college, or other educational institution duly recognized by the CHED: Provided, That he/she has completed at least one hundred twenty (120) credit units of real estate subjects and training from accredited service providers, as may be determined by the Board; Provided, further, That as soon as a course leading to a Bachelor’s degree in Real Estate Service is implemented by the CHED, the Board shall make this course a requirement for taking the licensure examination.

(c) Is of good moral character, and must not have been convicted of any crime involving moral turpitude.

(d) An applicant for the licensure examination for real estate consultants must show proof that he/she has at least ten (10) years experience as a licensed real estate broker, or an assessor, or as a bank, or institutional appraiser or an employed person performing real property valuation, or at least five (5) years experience as a licensed real estate appraiser.

All applications for examination shall be filed with the Board which shall assess and approve said applications and issue to the qualified examinees the corresponding permits or notices of admission to take such examination upon submission of the following documents.

  1. Original and photocopy of Birth Certificate or Certificate of Live Birth (NSO) and / or valid Philippine passport, or any other proof of citizenship,
  2. Original and photocopy of transcript of records (TOR) and / or diploma with scanned picture,
  3. NOTE: This is not included in the original RESA Law, but we heard that an additional requirement is that your TOR should be stamped with “For Board Examination Purpose Only”
  4. Original and photocopy of notarized certification by employer of his/her years of experience or pre-requisite. Certificate of Registration (COR) and / or Professional Identification Card (PIC) or DTI license (for real estate consultants),
  5. Original and photocopy of NBI clearance,
  6. Original and photocopy of duly notarized accredited seminar and / or training certificate,
  7. Community tax certificate,
  8. Four (4) colored passport size pictures with white background and complete nametag and other documents in accordance with the requirements of this provision.

TIP: When you avail of the Comprehensive Real Estate Seminar and Review (CRESAR) sessions offered by accredited real estate review service providers, please check with them if they can help you file your application for the PRC exam.

In some cases, they will assist you for a nominal fee. This will help save you TIME.

At the moment, we are waiting for accredited review service providers to announce the pricing, venue location, and when they will hold their upcoming CRESARs. As soon as we get that info, we will post it online.

We are also waiting for clarifications from the PRC regarding the “at least one hundred twenty (120) credit units of real estate subjects and training from accredited service providers”, because it is not clear if they mean 120 hours.

Prior to the passage of the RESA Law, the DTI required 24 credit units, or 24 hours of CRESAR sessions. Before July 2009, those 24 CRESAR hours cost anywhere from P3,500 to P4,500.

RESAR Online Review for Real Estate Brokers

124 Responses to “PRC Licensure Exam Requirements”

  1. on 18 Mar 2015 at 5:35 pm rey soliva

    When po mag start ang PRC mag accept sa mga requirements for real estate board examination this coming May 2015?

    [From the RESAR Admin] Hi! It’s better to coordinate with your face-to-face review class service provider. Thanks!

  2. on 03 Dec 2012 at 4:24 pm sam


    is there any review center at cebu city for me to review before taking the exam on real estate broker?
    where in cebu.. please


    [From RESAR Admin] Hi! The review classes we’ve heard about are in Quezon City. For details, please email


  3. on 28 Nov 2012 at 8:19 pm Mae

    Hi! May I know what are those accredited review centers for real estate brokers here in cebu? The schedules of classes and the location of the review center.
    Thank you.

    [From the RESAR Admin] Hello… The review service providers we’ve heard of conduct review classes in Makati, Metro Manila. Thanks.

  4. on 10 Nov 2012 at 9:48 pm obet

    Hello! Good Day… I would like to know if there’s an accredited review center some where in Laguna (Calamba)?

    Thank you

    [From the RESAR Admin] Hi! The one we heard about are offering classes in Makati. Thanks!

  5. on 10 Nov 2012 at 9:09 pm mitchyco

    Hi I’m a graduate of a 2 year course Associate in Computer Technology, and is currently working for 3 years in real estate industry. am I qualified to take a broker’s examination?


    [From the RESAR Admin] Hello! From what we understand, you need to be a graduate of at least a 4-year college course. To be safe, please inquire at the PRC if they will accept your diploma (2-year course in CT), and if they are willing to issue you an Exam Permit for the REB Exam.

  6. on 08 Nov 2012 at 10:40 am Erivan

    Hi, is the Real Estate Broker’s exam held once a year only?

    [From the RESAR Admin] Hello! The past two REB Exams were conducted by the PRC in March 2011 and March 2012. So far, it looks like a once a year event.

  7. on 22 Jul 2012 at 3:23 pm Lindo M. Cayadong

    Hello. I’m a public school teacher teaching mathematics in high school. Am I qualified to take the Real Estate Broker’s Examination? Do you Have an accredited training center here in Cagayan de Oro? Thank you. God bless.

    [From RESAR] The PRC will look for a College Diploma, plus proof that you have earned 120 units in real estate subjects (via a 60 hour Comprehensive Real Estate Seminar and Review + 60 hours OJT, or via a 120-hour CRESAR). We will let you know if ever we hear of a CDO-based training center. Thanks!

  8. on 28 Jun 2012 at 1:38 am mirshna

    id like to know if ever a board taker wasnt able to take the exam on the given date.. is it considered a failed or not?thanks.

    [From RESAR] It will probably be considered Forfeited.

  9. on 26 Jun 2012 at 12:32 pm nica

    Hi, I just want to ask regarding the requirements needed for Salesperson. What if the unit that taken in college is only 68.5 units? Am I qualify for the licensed that PRC issue to real estate salesperson? thanks!

    [From RESAR] There was no mention of units in the law. What was mentioned was 2 years of college. Please refer to the following webpage:


  10. on 13 Jun 2012 at 11:35 am anne

    hello! I’ve been a property consultant for almost a year. and i am a graduate of bachelor of science in mathematics. i would just like to know if i am qualified to take a board exam for real estate brokers? pls give me an advice on how will i be able to take the exam..

    thank you!..

    [From RESAR] Yes, you are qualified. Please refer to the following webpage for additional requirements:

    You will also need to attend a face-to-face review. Please send email to:


  11. on 29 May 2012 at 5:18 pm Cynthia Maranan

    I am a Licensed Civil Engineer and worked at private Appraisal Company from 1995 to 2000. I would like to know if I am qualified to take a Licensure Examination for Real Estate Appraiser this coming July and do I need 120 units credit for me to take the said exam. Thank you po and God Bless

    [From RESAR] Yes, you will need 120 units. For more info, please send email to:


  12. on 17 May 2012 at 5:40 pm Reynalou Lopez

    is it necessary to take BS Broker Mgt. before taking the exam for license broker? thanks

    [From RESAR] Hi! We haven’t come across such a requirement. Thanks.

  13. on 04 May 2012 at 11:57 pm M lizardo

    Hi, will there be no special broker lisency exam for 4th yr. undergrads? I’m sure many 4th yr. undergrads and are presently working as real estate agents are also wanting to be licensed but has no chance to take the lisency exam? We hope that you’ll give them such consideration.. Thank you so much and we are hoping that you’ll be kind enough to give chances to those who have not graduated.

    [From RESAR] A college diploma is required. We highly encourage you to focus first on graduating. Thanks.

  14. on 04 May 2012 at 11:46 pm enrico

    the real estate examination that only requires 120 credits will soon be abolished coz CHED will have a bachelors degree for this profession. how soon this will be? any idea?

    [From RESAR] Our guesstimate is that this will happen when the first batch of BS REM students graduate. Thanks.

  15. on 24 Apr 2012 at 11:08 pm Roan Bejar

    when will be the next cresar seminar?, i would like to prepare myself early before getting a broker exam next year, i just graduated april 18 this year, then i will get a reviewer online from you, please hand me an info when, so i could attend the cresar seminar for brokers exam 🙁

    [From RESAR] Hi! Most likely, the face-to-face review classes will begin in October 2012.

    For updates, please send email to: (for real estate brokers’ exam review classes)


  16. on 15 Mar 2012 at 11:31 pm RUEL

    hi admin, i just want to ask how many times prc give exam every year?if there is continues pattern in taking the exam twice a year? i am interested to apply on the late of july- dec. 2012.

    [From the Admin] Hello! From what we’ve seen, the PRC gives one REBrokers Exam and one REAppraisers Exam each year.

    The REB Exam will be conducted on March 18, 2012 while the REAppraisers Exam will be held in July 2012.

    Thank you.

  17. on 14 Mar 2012 at 2:36 pm Peanutz

    Hi! Would you know of any accredited body conducting real estate appraisers seminar in Baguio? It will help me so much if there is since i am a working mother.



    [From the Admin] Hello! If ever we hear of real estate appraiser review seminars in Baguio, we will announce it via the RE Appraisers Announcement List.

    For more information, please send email to:

    Thank you.

  18. on 13 Mar 2012 at 10:33 pm Miguel Mendenilla

    Do you issue certificate of attendance that PRC requires?

    [From the Admin] Hello! To get the Certificate of Attendance needed when applying for the PRC Examination Permit, you will need to attend a face-to-face Comprehensive Real Estate Seminar and Review or CRESAR review class.

    For more information, please send email to:

    Thank you.

  19. on 12 Mar 2012 at 7:16 pm mhean

    Hi hello! i would like to know the next schedule of Broker’s exam?

    [From the Admin] Hello! We haven’t heard yet when the PRC will conduct the next REB Exam.

    For updates, please send an email to:

    Thank you.

  20. on 11 Mar 2012 at 6:02 pm jason


    May I ask if i am qualified to take the Real Estate Brokerage Exams? I am a graduate of BSC-Accounting and Bachelor of Laws…what are the additional requirements, if necessary. I would appreciate much your response…thank you very much..

    [From the Admin] Hello! Yes, college graduates may take the PRC REB Exam. For a list of other requirements, please see the webpage below:

    Thank you.

  21. on 10 Mar 2012 at 4:38 pm cesca

    hi. i wonder if there are any real estate seminar scheduled here in davao so i can earn the 120 units required before i take the exam. please advise as i am interested to become a licensed real estate broker. also if there are schedule of seminars this 2012, kindly inform me also of the corresponding date of exams.

    thanks in advance.


    [From the Admin] Hello! Please send email to the following email address:

    Thank you.

  22. on 02 Mar 2012 at 2:02 pm Alessandra

    Hi! Unfortunately i am not a degree holder but i am very much willing to attend the 120 CRESAR…Am i eligible to take the Real Estate Broker’s Exam…


    [From the Admin] Hello! You need to be a degree holder because one of the requirements when applying for your PRC Examination Permit (REB Exam) is your college diploma.

    Thank you.

  23. on 23 Feb 2012 at 1:39 pm Marife

    good day.

    i would like to ask if i am qualified as a license broker since i finished my two years course and 1 year? is it qualified to take the broker’s exam?

    [From the Admin] Hello! You will need to submit a college diploma when applying for your PRC Exam Permit (REB Exam). Thank you.
  24. on 16 Feb 2012 at 8:11 am tess

    i am undergraduate of 4 years course commerce one subject not complete. but i already parctice my profession 6 years in real state and complete the 120 units requirements. asking if i can take the board exam.

    [From the Admin] Hello! You will need to submit your college diploma when you apply for the PRC Examination Permit. Thank you.

Trackback URI | Comments RSS

Leave a Reply